Dubai Maritime City to construct UAE’s first specialized Maritime Museum
Dubai Maritime City (DMC), the world’s first purpose-built maritime centre, has announced plans to construct and operate the UAE’s first specialized maritime museum, in a move that will see the creation of one of the most comprehensive maritime exhibits in the Middle East. The Museum will be located in the Academic Quarter of the Maritime City, and will play a key role in contributing to the development and preservation of the UAE’s rich cultural and maritime heritage.
Preliminary plans reveal that the 4,000 square metre museum will provide graphic displays, artefacts, multi-media tools and demonstrations, and contain exhibits such as marine life, history of the region, boating and pearling records, Arab navigation technologies, and other major marine-related industries.
“The museum will be a celebration, not only of the region’s rich maritime heritage, but also of the current and future technological developments related to the maritime sector in which Dubai plays such a key part. On completion, this Museum will be one of the largest Maritime Museums in the Middle East, and will become a must see attraction for anyone residing in, or visiting, Dubai and the surrounding emirates,” said Ali Al-Daboos, Chief Operating Officer, DMC.
- Dubai Maritime City, the world’s first purpose-built maritime centre and part of
- Dubai Maritime City to Play Key Role in Arab Maritime Sector
- Dubai Culture celebrates Emirate’s maritime industry with richroster of activities during Dubai Maritime Week
- Dubai Maritime City Campus: the world’s first-of-its-kind maritime educational complex
- Dubai Maritime City launches strategic Maritime Centre at premier international maritime industry event