Dubai population grows 25 percent since 1995
A comprehensive survey recently published in Dubai shows that the population of the Emirate presently stands at 862,387, implying a 25 percent increase compared with 1995.
According to Al-Bayan daily, the survey reveals that the Dubai labor force, excluding governmental and international enterprises’ employees, amounts to 437,248. Of this group, 91.7 percent are male, while only 8.3 percent are female.
The survey’s authors attribute this significant gender gap to the growing number of expatriate males employed in the Emirate. Women however constitute 22.3 percent of all private sector employees who are Dubai nationals.
Furthermore, the report claimed that 87.3 percent of the Emirate’s labor force is of Asian origin, 8.2 percent are Arab, 2.2 percent are European, while other nationalities compromise 0.8 percent of the force. Dubai nationals constituted only 2.2 percent of the overall labor force. ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- House of Patel’s US$25 million ‘Natasha Riverdale’ project - 75 percent sold out in less than two months since its UAE launch
- Give me the gold! Why Middle East demand for the precious metal in the jewelry business is growing 25+ percent annually
- Middle East's private education market fastest growing in the world
- The rush to provide resources for a growing world
- Kuwait’s Population & Labor Force