Bye bye bureaucracy? UAE launches world's first smart government app store
The UAE has launched the world’s first store for smart government applications through Android and iOS platforms.
The store features over 100 smart applications developed by the UAE local and federal agencies to provide services to about 700 customers in a single location.
His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, was briefed about the distinct features and services of the new shop and about the steps for complementing transformation to a smart government by mid-2015, as per the strategic plan announced during the recent Government Summit.
Shaikh Mohammed said: “The aim is to make smart services part of the daily life of the society. The smarter the services are, the happier people become.”
He called for increasing the number of smart services in the new store and encouraged people to avail them. He urged continued coordination between the federal and local government agencies to achieve full transition towards the smart government.
The event was attended by Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Minister for Cabinet Affairs and Chairman of the Higher Committee for Smart Government; Reem bint Ibrahim Al Hashimi, Minister of State; and Mohammed Al Qamzi, Chairman of the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority.
The new project was launched in coordination with Google and Apple to ensure provision of better government services. The apps in the store are characterised by reliability, security, maintenance of government transactions’ data for individuals and businesses, as well as reliability.
- I just called to say... Saudi mobile phone market is the biggest in MENA
- Mobile mania! MENA cell phone sales higher than ever in 2014
- Online freedom vs. the red flag: five disturbing facts about Turkey's Internet Law
- Saudi Arabia, Jordan lead cell phone market competitiveness
- Is cloud computing clouding the judgement of ME businesses?
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- All night long: hundreds wait in line for Istanbul's first Apple Store
- What happens when Google and Nestlé get together? An Android KitKat happens!
- Sweet deal: Why Android 4.4 "KitKat" is a must-have for Middle East smartphone users
- Millions of Android users in the Middle East are at hacking risk and here's why