Most Dubai schools will get their hike
Expatriates with children living in Dubai have a constant fear on their mind; how much more cash do I need to throw out for my child’s education? Well, this article isn’t going to bring any smiles.
Out of the 117 schools that applied for a fee increase this year, 83 of them have been giving permission. The remaining applications are still pending.
The eighty three schools in question have been allowed to raise their fees by 3 to 9 percent; other schools will likely take a leaf out of their books as well.
The Chief of Regulations and Compliance Commission at the Knowledge and Human Development Authority has announced that the requests of other schools are still under consideration.
All Indian schools, which began their academic year in April, have announced the hike with retrospective effect. Of the 146 private schools in Dubai, 129 are eligible to seek fee hike as per the new framework, which is based on the ratings.
The KHDA have given schools a higher bar that, once achieved, will enable them to apply for a fee increase; depending on the school’s performance and rating. Parents aren’t happy with this news and they believe it is just a formal excuse to allow them to hike the fees.
“If this continues to happen, a lot of parents will pull out very quickly!” Said a distraught parent to this reporter.
- From disruptions to mass cheating: how education in Egypt has been hit hard by the Arab Spring
- GCC new unified labour contract turns up the heat on Qatar
- Revealed: hot jobs in the UAE this year
- Why 2014 was a 'miserable' year for Turkey's education system
- Jordan's one percent: new study reveals what its like to be a disabled employee in the Kindgom
- Incentive to stay? 28% of UAE workers to get housing allowance hike
- The UAE’s most discerning shoppers get a head start at Majid Al Futtaim’s flagship retail destinations
- Cement prices get steeper: Cost for building Gulf towers will soar
- Microsoft names GEMS Cambridge International School – Dubai as the only Global Pathfinder School in the UAE