Dubai to upgrade power station in Jebel Ali
(MEBG) – Dubai intends upgrading the performance of its power station in Jebel Ali Italy's Enel Power, will hand over the first gas turbine for the Jebel Ali-K power station to the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) in early 2002. The project will have an installed capacity of 880 megawatts of power and 41 million gallons per day of desalinated water.
Quoted by Gulf News, Dewa General Manager, Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, said the project includes construction and installation of three gas turbines along with three wasted heat recovery boilers, two back-pressure steam turbines, three desalination units and associated equipment
El Tayer said he expected that the first gas turbine will be handed over on April 4, 2002, the second a month later, and the third one in mid-July 2002. The first steam turbine will be handed over in June 2002 and the second the following December.The first two desalination units will be handed over in mid-May 2002, and Unit 3 will be handed over in late February 2003.
Al Tayer said the project is one of the biggest executed by Dewa.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Baharain power/distillation plant upgrading to cost BD 16.1 million
- Jebel Ali power station roof collapses
- ETA Electric company to build Jebel Ali power plant project
- ABB wins $30 million power contract for Jumeirah and Jebel Ali islands
- USD$ 325 Million Syndicated Financing Facility between Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. and Arab Bank plc for Jebel Ali Power Plant Project