Viceroy to add two more luxury hotels under its belt in Dubai
Viceroy Hotel Group plans an aggressive expansion in Dubai after announcing two more hotels today.
The 76-floor Viceroy Dubai Sheikh Zayed Road, due to open late 2016, will be accompanied by the Viceroy Dubai Business Bay in 2017, and the pair will be developed by Arabtec Holding.
Their central locations aren’t that surprising, although it is interesting the group has opted for two sites in close proximity, surrounded by abundant high-end competition.
The brace will take Viceroy’s UAE portfolio to four properties, complementing Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi (pictured) and upcoming Viceroy Dubai Palm Jumeirah, due to open late 2016.
Bill Walshe, CEO of Viceroy Hotel Group, said Dubai is firmly established as “one of the most progressive and dynamic hospitality destinations in the world”, reflected in the US group’s emergence from a standing start. Alongside the Middle East, it is expanding in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- DAMAC Properties adds Two Further Hotel Projects in the Burj Area
- Abu Dhabi National Hotels to add 8 new hotels, more than 750 hotel rooms across UAE
- Rosewood Dubai comes under atm spotlight as luxury brand eyes more new middle east locations
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts expands presence in Saudi Arabia with two new hotels in Medina