Dubai's exports and re-exports reported
Dubai's exports and re-exports exceeded AED 91 bn for 1H 06, according to the Dubai Department of Economic Development. The breakdown of the exports is as follows: exports worth nearly AED 51 bn and re-exports’ value stood at AED 40 bn.
The department launched an initiative to support small and medium-sized exporters in the UAE including measures on export quality management and control, and providing vital info to entrepreneurs in the UAE. SMEs contribute 75% to 80% to Dubai's economy.
- Dubai Direct Exports record 35% increase for the first three quarters of 2010
- Bahrain total exports hit some US$7.5 billion
- Dubai’s exports to Saudi Arabia bring in the big bucks with $2.5 billion in March
- Bahrain’s 2000 trade deficit $844 million
- Iranian banks must help develop non-oil exports says expert