Ducab to build a new factory in Abu Dhabi
The Dubai Cable Company will build a factory in Abu Dhabi, to be commissioned by November 2004, for manufacturing a wide range of power cables. It will also add capacity at its existing factory in Jebel Ali. Total investment will be 125 million Emirati dirhams ($34 million).
Ducab Abu Dhabi, coming up in the new Abu Dhabi industrial city at Mussafah, has been designed to increase the combined copper processing capacity of Ducab in the two plants to 60,000 tons from the current 35,000 tons at Ducab Dubai.
The new plant will have a production capacity nearly similar to that of Ducab (Dubai) in copper processing, but will make complementary products. It will primarily serve the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as well as export markets in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and beyond.
Established in 1979, Ducab is the first purpose built cable manufacturing company in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is owned by the Government of Dubai and Government of Abu Dhabi. Its product range covers low voltage power cables, control and auxiliary cables, wiring and lead-sheathed cables in addition to Ducab Powerplus medium voltage cables
and Ducab Smokemaster cables.— (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Ducab invests AED 125 million in copper rod casting plant to cater for its raw material needs
- Ducab plugs in to Tejari marketplace
- Ducab undertakes major expansion of recently opened production facility in Abu Dhabi
- Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed and Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed break ground for new Ducab High Voltage Factory
- Ducab announces AED 700 million sales in first half of 2006