Ducab wins $16 million order from Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity
The Dubai Cable Company (Ducab) has won an order worth over 60 million Emirati dirhams ($16.3 million) from the Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA) for the manufacture and supply of more than 500 kilometers of 33kV cables in 2003. This is the biggest single tender won by Ducab for the supply of cables to a regional power utility.
The contract involves the supply of 33 kV XLPE cables to link seven new primary sub-stations as part of ADWEA's expansion and upgrade project in the Eastern region
of Abu Dhabi. The expansion project also envisages a major demand for 33kV cable, required to complete the fast track power distribution network.
Established in 1979, Ducab is the first purpose built cable manufacturing company in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is owned by the Government of Dubai and Government of Abu Dhabi. Its product range covers low voltage power cables, control and auxiliary cables, wiring and lead-sheathed cables in addition to Ducab Powerplus medium voltage cables
and Ducab Smokemaster cables. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bahra cables supplies cables to Al Mashaar Makkah metro project for SR50 Million
- Ducab wins supply contract by UAE Federal Electricity and Water Authority
- Ducab wins $3 million Delhi Metro contract
- Ducab signs to Dh16 million contract with UAE’s Electricity and Water Authority
- Siemens wins order for expansion of Abu Dhabi’s power grid