Dutch Satellite company opens new Middle East teleport
New Skies Satellites of Holland has opened a new teleport, which will serve as a major Middle East gateway to Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific.
The teleport will relay broadband Internet, voice and data traffic, as well as digital video transmissions via the NSS-6 satellite. The hub will be provided by Greece's UNITEL Hellas, the latest partner in New Skies' growing global mediaport network.
The new Mediterranean mediaport, located outside of Athens, features Ku-band uplink facilities accessing New Skies' NSS-6 satellite.
Including the new NSS-6 Ku-band service at the Athens gateway, New Skies operates 20 platforms that collectively transmit over a gigabyte of Internet traffic. The company has five satellites in orbit, ground facilities around the world and one additional spacecraft under construction. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- New Skies and KMS/FalconStream sign Middle East services contract
- New Skies Satellites, Kuwaiti firm announce new two-way satellite IP hub for Middle East
- GDBC launches broadband Internet via satellite to Sub-Saharan Africa
- Loral Skynet Signs Agreement With Satellite Media Services
- Successful testing on Thuraya-1