E-marine installs submarine cable linking Qatar to the UAE
Emirates Telecommunications and Marine Services (e-marine) has been awarded the turnkey contract to install the new submarine fiber optic telecommunication cable link between Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
E-marine is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (Etisalat) and is a submarine cable installation, maintenance, storage and repair company.
The new project includes the installation of more than 200 kilometers of cabling. With e-marine's ships and resources ready to start work, the entire project is expected to be completed within nine months.
E-marine has its facility with a modern cable depot located in Port Zayed in Abu Dhabi. The company currently operates two fully functional cable ships with the appropriate facilities to lay and maintain cables in both deep and shallow waters. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- E-Marine secures another submarine cable maintenance linking UAE with East Africa
- Oman: E-Marine establishes cable depot at Port of Salalah
- Nexans fiber optic cable system to link Kuwait and Iran
- Pirelli supplies fiber optic link between Kuwait and Iran
- E-Marine cableship completes first phase in TEAMS cable deployment