Edinburgh University successfully passes motion to support BDS
Edinburgh University, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world. (Wikipedia)
Click here to add Edinburgh University as an alert
Disable alert for Edinburgh University,
Click here to add Edinburgh University Students’ Association as an alert
Disable alert for Edinburgh University Stude ...,
Click here to add Israel Engagement Society as an alert
Disable alert for Israel Engagement Society
Pro-Israel students at Scotland's Edinburgh University have blasted as "intolerant" a motion passed by the institution's to boycott the Jewish state.
According to the Jewish Chronicle, he Edinburgh University Students’ Association passed the motion to support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement in a 249-153 vote last Thursday, with 22 abstentions.
In response, the historic university's Israel Engagement Society denounced the result as "a vanishingly small mandate for such a controversial motion that will likely marginalize students of Israeli nationality through an academic, cultural and economic boycott."
The police is due to apply for three years before a new vote is required, according to the report.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Canadian university fails to pass BDS motion
- British University in Dubai Appoints New Vice Chancellor
- British University in Dubai Unveils Ambitious Plans for Development
- Bridgestone awarded for support of Wadi Wurayah
- Leading Middle East Institution Promoting New Opportunities for Women in Management and Leadership