Cairo’s Stock Exchange was founded in 1903. Just this year it acquired a new automated trading system—a modern and robust technology infrastructure is being implemented, using the latest international communications and networking technologies that will provide connectivity in the capital market.
The market indices include:
The Egyptian Financial Group Index (EFGI) is deemed the investable index and acts as a good indication of foreign investment activity. The companies included are a subset of the HFI and are the largest capitalization liquid shares trading on the exchange. The index contains 22 companies.
The Hermes Financial Index (HFI) is a broad-based index, which covers the most actively traded stocks on the exchange. The HFI is the benchmark of the Egyptian market and is used to monitor overall bourse performance. The index contains 57 companies.
© 1969 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Egypt evacuates embassy in Libya
- Samsung launches youth education initiative in Upper Egypt
- Arab states support Egypt's fight "against terrorism"
- Khaled Selim celebrated his three-year wedding anniversary with his wife, who he nicknames Koko, by enjoying a romantic candlelit dinner for two. (Image: Albawaba file)
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood against Erdogan’s 'Ataturk' model for Egypt