Egypt’s Pachin records six percent net profit drop in 1Q 2003/2004
Egypt’s Paints and Chemicals Industries (Pachin) recorded a six percent net profit drop in the first quarter of 2003/2004 reaching 32.2 million Egyptian pounds ($5.5 million) compared to EP 34.3 million during the same period last year.
Pachin was established in 1958 as a joint stock Company and was nationalized in 1961. The company’s main activity is the production of paints, varnishes and printing inks. The company’s main brands include Saniton, Syntal, Dyroton, Flott and Mattat.
The Egyptian paint market is estimated at around $150 million. Pachin's market share is currently estimated at 40 percent. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Delta International Bank recorded 12 percent drop in net profits in 1Q 2002
- BOJ reports six percent net profit drop for 2003
- National Bank of Dubai posts 60 percent net profit rise in 1Q 2002
- Nile Pharmaceuticals posts 8.8 percent net profit fall in 1Q01
- ABBK posted 86 percent net income increase in 1Q 2002