Egypt: Central Bank boss resigns
The governor of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE), Farouq El-Oqda, has resigned
Create alert for Commercial International BankCommercial International Bank,
Create alert for Egyptian State TelevisionEgyptian State Television,
Create alert for Hisham RamezHisham Ramez,
Create alert for Farouq El-OqdaFarouq El-Oqda,
Create alert for Central Bank of EgyptCentral Bank of Egypt
Hisham Ramez, a former deputy for El-Oqda, and currently the Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the Commercial International Bank (CIB), is reported to be the CBE's new governor.
- Twist of fate: Middle East fund managers shy away from Turkey, warm up to Egypt
- 'Let them eat cake'...or in the case of Egyptians, shall we say 'pasta'?
- In flux: What's up with Dubai's stock market?!
- GCC banks could face capital and liquidity shortfall
- It's time for an interest rate war in emerging markets, and here's why Middle Eastern economies should take part