Egypt: Central Bank boss resigns
The governor of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE), Farouq El-Oqda, has resigned
Create alert for Commercial International BankCommercial International Bank,
Create alert for Egyptian State TelevisionEgyptian State Television,
Create alert for Hisham RamezHisham Ramez,
Create alert for Farouq El-OqdaFarouq El-Oqda,
Create alert for Central Bank of EgyptCentral Bank of Egypt
Hisham Ramez, a former deputy for El-Oqda, and currently the Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the Commercial International Bank (CIB), is reported to be the CBE's new governor.
- You don't need to be Muslim to practice? Why Goldman Sachs' sukuk sales worked so swell this around
- Erdogan's ready to smear the banks: is Turkey about to face a financial crisis worse than that of 2001?
- An economic slowdown? The pros and cons of Israel's weakening shekel
- A spectacle of $8 trillion and more: what's the MENA Investment Conference in London all about?
- An odd dynamic? Saudi using desert to emulate Chinese model and attract Chinese investors