Egypt: Central Bank boss resigns
The governor of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE), Farouq El-Oqda, has resigned
Create alert for Commercial International BankCommercial International Bank,
Create alert for Egyptian State TelevisionEgyptian State Television,
Create alert for Hisham RamezHisham Ramez,
Create alert for Farouq El-OqdaFarouq El-Oqda,
Create alert for Central Bank of EgyptCentral Bank of Egypt
Hisham Ramez, a former deputy for El-Oqda, and currently the Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the Commercial International Bank (CIB), is reported to be the CBE's new governor.
- Deflation shocks in emerging markets and the GCC currency peg
- Crashing oil: has the time come for GCC countries to tax their citizens?
- Moody indeed: how did Moody's rate the ME's banks for 2015?
- The Middle East's Switzerland? Lebanon's banking secrecy is here to stay
- Precious retirement: why UAE expats are moving their pensions out of the UK