Egypt recovers $150 million from Mubarak era figures
Egypt's Public Funds Prosecution under the supervision of general attorney has recovered around 850 million Egyptian pounds for the state in addition to a land plot in Hurghada worth 162.5 million [Egyptian] pounds.
According to the Middle East News Agency (MENA), these funds were recovered within a period of 24 days.
The prosecution stated this procedure is part of "a new vision adopted by the prosecution to recover funds stolen and smuggled by a number of the former regime figures".
Once these figures return the smuggled funds, the cases filed against them are dropped.
The public funds prosecution has already taken the legal settlement procedures with the defendants who had obtained these lands and closed the cases filed against them.
- Is the Syrian crisis boosting Jordan's agricultural exports? Kingdom sees more than Dead Sea product exposure with 2014's increased fruit, veg, sheep trade abroad
- The only way is up! Dubai index pushes back, makes inroads to recover November performance
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?