Egypt recovers $150 million from Mubarak era figures
Egypt's Public Funds Prosecution under the supervision of general attorney has recovered around 850 million Egyptian pounds for the state in addition to a land plot in Hurghada worth 162.5 million [Egyptian] pounds.
According to the Middle East News Agency (MENA), these funds were recovered within a period of 24 days.
The prosecution stated this procedure is part of "a new vision adopted by the prosecution to recover funds stolen and smuggled by a number of the former regime figures".
Once these figures return the smuggled funds, the cases filed against them are dropped.
The public funds prosecution has already taken the legal settlement procedures with the defendants who had obtained these lands and closed the cases filed against them.
- Just BS? Why Israel's anti-BDS law can't really stop BDS internationally
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis