"Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, ElBaradei says
Prominent opposition figure, Mohamed ElBaradei, says that the economy would not recover without political stability, beginning with the constitution and national reconciliation.
“Egypt: Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, the former director of the International Atomic Energy Agency posted on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
In an earlier post, the Nobel Laureate urged Egyptian youths, whom he described as those who he has always had faith in, to keep up the fight.
“To my fellow Egyptians everywhere: The darkest hour is just before dawn. We shall overcome,” he posted on Monday.
He wished the youths a Happy New Year, telling them, “Together, we will make change happen.”
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- No economic prosperity in Sudan without political settlement
- Foreign women threaten social fabric of Luxor
- Future in the Middle East is a case of pray, hope, prepare
- German investor tells all: Why Egypt's political unrest is not an excuse for its faltering economy