"Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, ElBaradei says
Prominent opposition figure, Mohamed ElBaradei, says that the economy would not recover without political stability, beginning with the constitution and national reconciliation.
“Egypt: Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, the former director of the International Atomic Energy Agency posted on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
In an earlier post, the Nobel Laureate urged Egyptian youths, whom he described as those who he has always had faith in, to keep up the fight.
“To my fellow Egyptians everywhere: The darkest hour is just before dawn. We shall overcome,” he posted on Monday.
He wished the youths a Happy New Year, telling them, “Together, we will make change happen.”
- Kuwait in financial flux: KSE closes the gap, making up for previous weeks' losses
- House of Saud lays out its cards: Saudi's private sector sets out its stalls to conquer 2015 via education, health, economics, social services
- Oil losses good for the Gulf sector? Slipping prices, now below $60, no threat to Saudi market
- Dubai's still got what it takes: trade tops Dh1 trillion in 2014
- Is the Syrian crisis boosting Jordan's agricultural exports? Kingdom sees more than Dead Sea product exposure with 2014's increased fruit, veg, sheep trade abroad