"Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, ElBaradei says
Prominent opposition figure, Mohamed ElBaradei, says that the economy would not recover without political stability, beginning with the constitution and national reconciliation.
“Egypt: Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, the former director of the International Atomic Energy Agency posted on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
In an earlier post, the Nobel Laureate urged Egyptian youths, whom he described as those who he has always had faith in, to keep up the fight.
“To my fellow Egyptians everywhere: The darkest hour is just before dawn. We shall overcome,” he posted on Monday.
He wished the youths a Happy New Year, telling them, “Together, we will make change happen.”
- Let's just say nshallah! Egypt's back in business, says new survey
- Why Emiratisation, or any other GCC employment nationalization strategy, just doesn't work
- No sun on MENA's economic horizon? How today's political turmoil is crushing region's future edge in the global economy
- Why Egypt's army is bad at doing business
- Saudi Arabia's mass deportations reveal the horrifying reality awaiting Yemenis sent home