"Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, ElBaradei says
Prominent opposition figure, Mohamed ElBaradei, says that the economy would not recover without political stability, beginning with the constitution and national reconciliation.
“Egypt: Show me a faltering economy and I will show you a fractured society”, the former director of the International Atomic Energy Agency posted on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
In an earlier post, the Nobel Laureate urged Egyptian youths, whom he described as those who he has always had faith in, to keep up the fight.
“To my fellow Egyptians everywhere: The darkest hour is just before dawn. We shall overcome,” he posted on Monday.
He wished the youths a Happy New Year, telling them, “Together, we will make change happen.”
- Even the numbers are on the feminist side: companies with females in top management yield higher returns
- Kingdom in debt, Kingdom in danger: Saudi Arabia's pending deficit raises frightening possibilities
- 'Dead aid': is there any hope left for South Sudan's economy?
- Why the ME's high net worth individuals should be investing in family businesses
- The antithesis of economic development: an inside look in to Morocco's archaic, yet alive, class system