Recovery ahead? Fitch ratings upgrades Egypt to 'negative to stable'
Fitch also kept short-term foreign currency credit at B.
Click here to add Finance Ministry as an alert
Disable alert for Finance Ministry,
Click here to add Fitch as an alert
Disable alert for Fitch,
Click here to add international credit rating agency as an alert
Disable alert for international credit ratin ...,
Click here to add Standard and Poor as an alert
Disable alert for Standard and Poor
Fitch Ratings raises Egypt's economic outlook from negative to stable however, the International credit rating agency kept its long-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings at B-, a press release from Egyptian Finance Ministry said on Friday. Fitch also kept short-term foreign currency credit at B.
It is the first time that Fitch upgrades Egypt's economic outlook since 25 January revolution. Fitch said a relative improvement in the political situation, an availability of foreign currency and the financial aids from gulf countries that alleviated pressures on the budget has helped improving Egypt's outlook.
The agency also referred to the rise of Egypt's International reserves and a decrease of foreign debt to 18.9 percent of the GDP. Fitch report mentioned that the increase of the public debt and the high budget deficit are the main risks when evaluation the Egyptian economy.
Other rating agency, Standard & Poor's has raised its long- and short-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings on November, with a "stable" rating outlook as well.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Egypt Foreign Ministry violates currency rates when paying diplomats: report
- Not so moody anymore? Moody's upgrades Egypt's rating to 'stable'
- S&P upgrades Egypt’s economic outlook to ‘positive,’ encouraging investors
- Fitch lowers Egypt's Local Currency Rating Outlook to Negative
- Fitch places Egypt’s on a negative outlook