EU warns egypt over financial aid
The European (EU) Parliament passed a resolution threatening to withhold budget support to Egypt if it fails to take significant steps to abide by human rights, democracy, and the rule of law.
Essam El-Haddad, the president's assistant for foreign affairs, flew to Berlin on Friday morning for a two-day visit to discuss the resolution, according Al-Ahram Arabic-language news website.
The EU resolution also stated that EU member states should assist Egypt in retrieving assets smuggled overseas by Egypt's former regime, as a highly symbolic gesture for EU-Egypt relations.
- Syria's children search for livelihood amidst Lebanon's graves
- Arab Thought Foundation's strategy to create 80 million jobs in the Middle East
- Let's just say nshallah! Egypt's back in business, says new survey
- Why Emiratisation, or any other GCC employment nationalization strategy, just doesn't work
- No sun on MENA's economic horizon? How today's political turmoil is crushing region's future edge in the global economy