Egypt-Finland explore joint ICT development initiatives
Egyptian Minister of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) Ahmed Nazif the Minister of Foreign Trade and Development of Finland, Paula Lehtomaki.
The meetings at the MCIT aimed at discussing forms of bilateral cooperation and sharing experiences and visions regarding the ICT sector development; realizing Egypt and Finland's prioritization of the development of the information society.
Minister Nazif presented Egypt's Information Society Initiative emphasizing its twin objective of building both an information society and a vibrant local ICT industry that fosters export growth.
The minister stressed that for an information society to take root; individuals must enjoy equal access to benefits of technology and share an understanding of its power to transform their social and professional lives. A bouquet of national initiatives implemented over the past four years emphasizing public-private partnership met those objectives that yielded great success.
Accompanied by an official delegation representing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Ambassador of Finland to Cairo and members of the Finish press, the Minister visited Egypt's technology Park, the Smart Village. . — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Jordanian, Malaysian Executives to Explore ICT Business Opportunities At 3-Day Amman Forum
- Chinese technology groups discusses cooperation with MCIT
- Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University explores joint initiatives with visiting Open University of China delegation
- Huawei explores new revenue models for region’s ICT industry
- Etihad Airways and Government of Serbia sign initial MOU to explore equity investment opportunity in JatAirways