Egypt to raise fuel prices
Egypt is to increase the cost of fuel, the Minister of Petroleum and Mineral resources has announced.
Prices of fuel oil will be gradually increased during the coming period in consultation with the concerned ministers, [Egypt's] Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources said on Sunday.
This comes in accordance with the prime minister's decision issued on December 8 to increase the supply price of fuel oil and the fuel used in producing cement.
The price of one ton of fuel oil is 2,300 L.E instead of 1,000 L.E as of this month.
Egypt's government is currently deliberating with with factories in order to reach the best formula to implement this step, the minister said during a press conference held today.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge