Egypt to raise fuel prices
Prices of fuel oil will be gradually increased during the coming period in consultation with the concerned ministers, [Egypt's] Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources said on Sunday.
This comes in accordance with the prime minister's decision issued on December 8 to increase the supply price of fuel oil and the fuel used in producing cement.
The price of one ton of fuel oil is 2,300 L.E instead of 1,000 L.E as of this month.
Egypt's government is currently deliberating with with factories in order to reach the best formula to implement this step, the minister said during a press conference held today.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts