Egypt to raise fuel prices
Prices of fuel oil will be gradually increased during the coming period in consultation with the concerned ministers, [Egypt's] Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources said on Sunday.
This comes in accordance with the prime minister's decision issued on December 8 to increase the supply price of fuel oil and the fuel used in producing cement.
The price of one ton of fuel oil is 2,300 L.E instead of 1,000 L.E as of this month.
Egypt's government is currently deliberating with with factories in order to reach the best formula to implement this step, the minister said during a press conference held today.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment