Egypt awards gas exploration contracts
Dana Gas and ENI were awarded deep-water exploration in areas of the Eastern Mediterranean, the companies reveal in statements on Monday.
They detail that they have been awarded 100 percent working interest in the North Al Arish offshore (Block 6) concession area, covering an area of 2,980 square km, while ENI was awarded a 100 percent working interest in Shorouk offshore area (Block 9) covering 3765 square km.
Meanwhile, Sea Dragon Energy was awarded a 100 percent working interest in the South Disouq concession in the Nile Delta, spanning 1275 square km.
On 16 April, Egypt's petroleum ministry announced they awarded contracts for a minimum investment of $1.2 billion in eight oil and gas prospection projects in the Mediterranean Sea off the northern coast.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal