Egypt to help Jordan set up atomic agency
Egypt and Jordan will soon be cooperating in the nuclear energy field. Egypt’s minister of electricity and energy, Ali Al-Saedi, announced on Wednesday, June 6, that Egyptian Nuclear Energy Agency experts will assist their counterparts in Jordan to establish a Jordanian Atomic Agency.
According to Al-Saedi, the main purpose of the new Jordanian agency will be to train the technical staff necessary to carry out radiological detection and survey operations.
Jordan already has an atomic research reactor, which it received from China. – (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Russia looking to build Egyptian nuclear power plant
- 12,300 tonnes of uranium in Jordan
- It's official: Jordan set on building it's first nuclear plant and Russia is going to build it
- Jordan mulls over nuclear power
- Jordan nuclear body ready to sign agreements with Russian firm to build Kingdom's first reactor