Egypt remains attractive to Indian investment
The size of India's investments in Egypt is expected to be doubled through 50 Indian companies working in different fields in Egypt, Indian Ambassador to Egypt Navdeep Suri said on Monday.
India's investments in Egypt have doubled during the past 10 years, Suri stated.
The investments of Indian companies in Egypt amount to almost $2.5 billion in different projects, the ambassador said in a statement reported by the state news agency.
These projects which are located in Cairo, October 6, Port Said, Alexandria, Suez, and Ismailia provide 35 thousand direct and indirect job opportunities.
Minister of Industry Hatem Saleh had said towards the end of 2012 that Egypt and India are discussing forming a joint business council to enhance the economic role between the two countries
- Let them eat bread: Lebanese youth urged to build their own future
- The list of the top ten highest salaries in the UAE reveals that they are not as high as they once were
- Why this global mega company is investing $500 million in Egypt
- GCC to remain stable despite oil price decline
- What's keeping Saudi youth from working in the private sector? It's exactly what you think it is