Inflation in Egypt keeps on growing
Egypt's annual inflation in December accelerated to 4.7 per cent, a slight growth over the preceding months, data from the official statistics agency showed on Thursday.
Inflation had recorded 4.3 per cent in November, its lowest level since March 2006.
Prices of food and drink, which have the highest weight in the consumer price index, grew 6 per cent in comparison to December 2011 but dropped a 0.2 per cent below November 2012's figures.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects