Egypt's internet saboteur caught - Telecom Egypt CEO
Telecom Egypt CEO Mohamed al-Nawawi said Wednesday that the Armed Forces have arrested the saboteur accused of cutting an underwater internet cable earlier that day, causing internet services to drop by 60 percent.
According to reports, the SMW4 maritime cable was cut at 8 am around 750 meters north of Alexandria, which slowed internet services in Egypt and other countries.
“[Internet services] will be back 100 percent on Thursday morning,” he said. “We are using alternative feeds.”
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!
- Social media shifts power of communication to people
- 5G: the upcoming network that will allow you to download an HD movie in one second
- What was yesterday's shutdown all about? Security experts raise flag over Whatsapp's 'weaknesses'