Egypt's internet saboteur caught - Telecom Egypt CEO
Telecom Egypt CEO Mohamed al-Nawawi said Wednesday that the Armed Forces have arrested the saboteur accused of cutting an underwater internet cable earlier that day, causing internet services to drop by 60 percent.
According to reports, the SMW4 maritime cable was cut at 8 am around 750 meters north of Alexandria, which slowed internet services in Egypt and other countries.
“[Internet services] will be back 100 percent on Thursday morning,” he said. “We are using alternative feeds.”
- Is KSA under attack?! Why cybercrime is targeting Saudi consumers
- When IT disasters strike, are Middle East businesses ready to respond?
- Is Nokia about to make a comeback in the Arab world?
- IT investments reveal the Gulf's insecurities
- Why Etisalat's new 'Business MiFi' is attracting entrepreneurs from all sectors