Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- Overhaul or overkill? Gulf countries to spend $150 billion on education reform
- There's no faking it: tampering degrees in the UAE can surely land you in jail
- Is an MBA degree worth it?
- Blame the decor: poorly designed offices affect performance of GCC businesses
- Normalcy, against all odds: new program helping Syrian tradesmen get back to work in Homs