Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa