Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE
- Getting the jobsworth: New challenges faced in the UAE employment market
- Teachers’ strike divideds Jordan's educators as students seen as main victims
- Profits in the name of education: GCC reeking in $6 billion worth of international school fees
- A blessing in disguise? UAE unemployment pushing youth towards entrepeneurship