Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue