Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- It doesn't run in the family? Finding the right talent top challenge for ME family businesses
- War for talent: the unhealthy side of the UAE's booming healthcare industry
- Maybe try some human rights? Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries announce initiative to address housemaid shortage
- What about human rights violations? ‘Smart’ devices to inspect labour housing in Dubai
- No strings attached, please: Saudi Arabia mulls implementing eight-year limit on expats' stay