Egypt plans to build additional power stations
Egypt's Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif met Saturday with Minister of Electricity Hassan Younes and discussed with him the Ministry's future plans to provide more energy. The Ministry is currently setting up four new power stations with a total capacity of 4500 megawatt, including North Cairo power station with 1500 megawatt, Nubaria power station with 1500 megawatt, Talkha with 750 megawatt and Al Kurymat with 750 megawatt.
The Minister said these four stations would help the electricity sector to satisfy the needs of the public and the new investment projects.
He added he briefed the Prime Minister of the future plans such as building new stations in East Cairo, Oyoun Moussa, Suez, Damietta and Abu Qir, in addition to expansion in getting power from wind as Al Za'afrana station due to provide 650 megawatt. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Egypt starts to build wind power stations
- Egypt's new power station brightens hopes for summer's supply
- Egypt's new Red Sea wind power station is the largest in MENA
- Gone with the wind: Jordan cancels plans to build 5 additional wind power plants due to lack of support from the Gulf
- North Cairo electricity station gets final OK