Egypt reiterates commitment to providing job opportunities
Egyptian Prime Minister Atif Ubaid recently stressed his government’s staunch commitment to providing employment opportunities for the nation’s citizens at cabinet meeting last week, reported MENA.
A ministry specifically commissioned with providing employment for the nation’s youth will oversee the program. Jobs in various sectors including the stock market, agriculture, health and education will be included in the campaign. Unemployed citizens have until mid-August to apply for the jobs; more information regarding these will be announced in the near future.
Furthermore, a meeting led by President Husni Mubarak will take place in two months regarding another attempt to create more jobs. Under the proposed program, workers will help improve various infrastructure projects such as lighting, drainage, electricity and road building in rural parts of the country. This program is expected to run through July of 2002. —(MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- GE highlights its partnerships, 80-year heritage and commitment to Saudi Vision 2020 at US-Saudi Business Opportunities Forum
- Hilton Worldwide reiterates its commitment to Egypt’s Tourism Industry
- Monster.com’s Return2Home provides gateway to job opportunities for Saudi diaspora
- Dubal provides technical job opportunities
- New program to provide jobs for unemployed Egyptian youth