Egypt reports increased activities in free zones
Exports from the Egyptian free zones rose during the first three months of 2004 by 22 %, amounting to US $ 782 million compared to US$ 642 million during the same period of 2003.
According to a monthly report, released by the Ministry of Industry and Foreign Trade, the free zone exports increased by 49 % in the same period, reaching $ 490 million.
At the same time, international imports to the free zones have expanded by 36 % in the said period, standing at US$ 583 million.
Meanwhile, imports to the free zones from the Egyptian market went up by US$ 120 million in the first three months of 2004, compared to US$ 78 million in the same period last year. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- If only it managed to go back to producing its own: Egypt, Russia mull free trade zone over wheat imports
- Egypt’s free zones exports hit $782 million by October
- No free trade zone between Egypt and Gaza
- Commercial activities rise at Dubai airport free zone
- Egypt: Oxford Business Group Launches New Country Report