Egypt freezes assest of Mubarak era prime minister
Shafiq's trial will begin on 2 December, in which the ousted president's last premier will face corruption charges.
Shafiq was put on Cairo International Airport's watch list on 29 August. The names of his daughters are expected to be added to the list on Sunday.
Immediately following his loss to Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi in Egypt's first post-Mubarak presidential election this summer, Shafiq travelled to the United Arab Emirates. It was later revealed that the former presidential hopeful planned to remain in the UAE for "security reasons."
- Explain this, Mr. Erdogan: income of Turkey's richest 7.7 times that of poorest
- When it comes to business, introducing yourself is an art
- Why India is likely to re-emerge as the UAE's top trade partner
- What's really attracting high net worth individuals to living in the UAE?
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women