Egypt freezes assest of Mubarak era prime minister
Shafiq's trial will begin on 2 December, in which the ousted president's last premier will face corruption charges.
Shafiq was put on Cairo International Airport's watch list on 29 August. The names of his daughters are expected to be added to the list on Sunday.
Immediately following his loss to Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi in Egypt's first post-Mubarak presidential election this summer, Shafiq travelled to the United Arab Emirates. It was later revealed that the former presidential hopeful planned to remain in the UAE for "security reasons."
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects