Egypt freezes assest of Mubarak era prime minister
Shafiq's trial will begin on 2 December, in which the ousted president's last premier will face corruption charges.
Shafiq was put on Cairo International Airport's watch list on 29 August. The names of his daughters are expected to be added to the list on Sunday.
Immediately following his loss to Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi in Egypt's first post-Mubarak presidential election this summer, Shafiq travelled to the United Arab Emirates. It was later revealed that the former presidential hopeful planned to remain in the UAE for "security reasons."
- Saudi SMEs v overseas enterprises. Who is the winner?
- Why does inflation continue to rise in the UAE?
- With Sisi likely to take over, how will Egypt's 'military economy' look like?
- Will future talks between the IMF and Egypt help the country's economy?
- Is Iran's economy already thriving amidst limited sanctions relief? Apparently so!