Egypt freezes assest of Mubarak era prime minister
Shafiq's trial will begin on 2 December, in which the ousted president's last premier will face corruption charges.
Shafiq was put on Cairo International Airport's watch list on 29 August. The names of his daughters are expected to be added to the list on Sunday.
Immediately following his loss to Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi in Egypt's first post-Mubarak presidential election this summer, Shafiq travelled to the United Arab Emirates. It was later revealed that the former presidential hopeful planned to remain in the UAE for "security reasons."
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue