Egypt freezes assest of Mubarak era prime minister
Shafiq's trial will begin on 2 December, in which the ousted president's last premier will face corruption charges.
Shafiq was put on Cairo International Airport's watch list on 29 August. The names of his daughters are expected to be added to the list on Sunday.
Immediately following his loss to Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi in Egypt's first post-Mubarak presidential election this summer, Shafiq travelled to the United Arab Emirates. It was later revealed that the former presidential hopeful planned to remain in the UAE for "security reasons."
- Blame it on the women: Why KSA businesses are saying govt feminization program costing them millions
- Kazakhstan calling: Astana looking to target $5 billion in investments from UAE
- S. Sudan and Egypt discuss economic ties, trade relations
- Can privatization save Lebanon's economy?
- Between a rock and a hard place: are poor fiscal policies perpetuating poverty in Jordan?