Egypt to export strawberries to US
Egypt, the fourth largest producer of strawberries in the world, has been given the green light to export to the United States, according to a statement by the US embassy in Cairo on Thursday.
Ambassador Anne Patterson announced that the US department of agriculture had approved access for Egyptian strawberry exports.
“We are committed to continuing to work with the Egyptian authorities to increase market opportunities for Egyptian exports,” said Patterson.
“Increasing trade between our two countries is a key component of boosting employment and economic growth in Egypt,” she added.
Egypt’s production of strawberries reached 240,000 tonnes in 2010, and according to the US embassy's statement, production is valued at nearly $330 million a year.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal