Oil subsidies in cost Egypt $30 million a day
Egypt's government subsidizes gas oil by around $30 million daily, Minister of Petroleum Osama Kamal said on Sunday.
Daily local consumption of gas oil exceeds 35 thousand tons, the minister said, adding that this amount is sold for 35 million pounds, although its actual cost is 35 million USD.
During his visit to Suez Oil Processing Company (SOPC) on Sunday, the minister stated that the shortage in gas oil stems from the behaviour of the people because consumption surpasses production.
The ministry has taken strict measures to defy attempts to smuggle gas oil, Kamal said.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts