Egypt passes draft sukuk law
Egypt's Shura council passed a draft law on Islamic bonds
The council took into consideration notes from a panel of senior Muslim clerics of Al-Azhar on the law, according to the "voice of the people" channel that broadcasts sessions of the parliament.
The law was unanimously approved.
- A spectacle of $8 trillion and more: what's the MENA Investment Conference in London all about?
- An odd dynamic? Saudi using desert to emulate Chinese model and attract Chinese investors
- Are Islamic finance's non-Muslim adherents 'pushing the limits'?
- Against all odds: Bank Audi to expand in Egypt, Syria
- No 'Islamic' finance here: the Islamic State's banking policy and the 'experts' behind it