Egypt passes draft sukuk law
Egypt's Shura council passed a draft law on Islamic bonds
The council took into consideration notes from a panel of senior Muslim clerics of Al-Azhar on the law, according to the "voice of the people" channel that broadcasts sessions of the parliament.
The law was unanimously approved.
- Excessive caution? Why 'perfectly legitimate' SME's are struggling to find financing in the UAE
- On the brink of recession: Israel's central bank has a tough decision to make on quantitative easing
- A forced conversion? Top Saudi bank pledges to become fully Islamic after criticism from scholars
- Enjoying the ride: ME regional banks on plane orders 'funding' boom
- The cost of delivery: how to financially prepare yourself for having a baby