Egypt passes draft sukuk law
Egypt's Shura council passed a draft law on Islamic bonds
The council took into consideration notes from a panel of senior Muslim clerics of Al-Azhar on the law, according to the "voice of the people" channel that broadcasts sessions of the parliament.
The law was unanimously approved.
- What's really holding Islamic Banking back?
- The rise of the Chinese renminbi: an unmatched opportunity for Qatar?
- Why, despite their emerging status upgrade, the UAE and Qatar still count as frontier markets
- How Egypt plans to deal with $20 billion worth of arbitration cases brought by foreign investors against it
- Business before wealth: what's really on the mind of the ME's high net worth business owners?