Small drop in Egypt's unemployment
Egypt’s unemployment rate saw a minor decline of 0.1 per cent in the third quarter compared to the previous quarter, reaching 12.5 per cent, the state-run statistics agency CAPMAS stated on Wednesday.
The number of unemployed is 3.3 million out of 27 million people represented in the labour force.
According to CAMPAS, around 90 per cent of the jobless people are educated and 16.3 per cent of them are located in urban areas, while rural districts witnessed some 9.5 per cent unemployment.
The quarterly report added that 27 per cent of working people (6.4 million) are in farming and fishing, while 12 per cent are working in the construction and building sector (2.8 million).
The total number of working Egyptians in the third quarter of 2012 was 23.6 million.
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE