Egypt ready to take delivery of US fighter jets
The United States pledged to deliver 20 F-16 fighter jets, type Block 52, to Egypt before the end of 2013, Al-Ahram newspaper reported on Tuesday.
The Egyptian newspaper said that reports published by “World Tribune” indicated that Egypt already received four fighter jets earlier this month and the rest will be given throughout the year.
According to American sources, the deal comes under the military cooperation between the two countries.
The announcement of the fighter jets deal comes only few days after Congress voted against a plan to stop supporting the Egyptian army considering the unstable situation in the Middle Eastern country. Egypt has received 224 fighter jets in total throughout its history from the United States.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue