Egyptian textile exhibition to open in Germany
The Egyptian Ministry of Economy and Foreign Commerce announced that an exhibition of Egyptian textiles will open in Berlin, following a visit conducted by a delegation of Egyptian textile manufacturers last September, Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported.
Egypt and Germany are looking to further enhance their economic ties. Egyptian Prime Minister Atef Ebeid will launch a convention on October 21 to discuss Egyptian-German economic joint ventures. The Arab-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AGCCI) will organize the event. The convention marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the chamber.
The objective of the conference is to solidify guidelines for further enhancement of bilateral cooperation in various economic and trade sectors by setting up new joint ventures, stated Ismail Othman, chairman of the AGCCI. Othman stated that as many as 300 Egyptian and German businessmen and investors will take part in the gathering, according to the Egyptian News Agency. — (Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- MENA region’s textile manufacturers foresee strong market growth even as US textile mill output declines
- Saudi Arabia's first “Textile Arabia” opens in four-day exhibition
- Motexha 2006 - Middle East region’s largest trade show for textiles and fashion - opens
- Egypt's revolution comes to Germany.... in photography form!
- Egypt’s textile industry on growth path after € 80 million EU funding; € 19.5 m being used for industry restructure