Egypt's first rice exports to go ahead
Egypt will issue its first public tender for exporting 100,000 tonnes of rice in October and November, the ministry for industry and foreign trade said on Tuesday.
The government will invite private firms to bid for the right to sell and transfer the grain overseas.
- No more window seat bickering: take an inside look into the world's new window-less plane
- An insatiable appetite: capitalizing on the GCC's hungry food market
- More faking things? Dubai races to become ME's plastic surgery hub
- Bayt.com: More than 70 per cent of Mideast professionals think that meetings are time well spent
- The Suez Project: a good start, but not a substitute for industrialization