Egypt's first rice exports to go ahead
Egypt will issue its first public tender for exporting 100,000 tonnes of rice in October and November, the ministry for industry and foreign trade said on Tuesday.
The government will invite private firms to bid for the right to sell and transfer the grain overseas.
- An exercise in futility? UAE and Egypt bond over 'nonsensically' growing wheat in the desert
- Not getting off their back, yet: why activists still skeptical of GCC's band aid labour reforms
- Growing resentment? Syria's halt of Lebanese agricultural imports a 'disastrous' move
- The blessing in disguise? How sanctions have created a potentially powerful role for Iran's local automative industry
- Does the halal industry really understand what cross contamination is?